Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
– Face to Face Session Only
- Release and Reprocess frozen painful mental, emotional, physical memories out of you.
- Quick and effective, clinically proven method.
- Additionally, it can re-build your emotional and mental patterns!
What is the Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)?
EMDR was originally invented by psychotherapist Francine Shapiro, inspired by NLP in 1989. It is clinically proven to desensitise frozen emotions and painful memories, to reprocess and release them, and bring a healing to the mind, emotions and body, effectively.
EMDR is clinically proven in the psychotherapy field and it is said that over 40,000 psychiatrists, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists have received training and over 2 million people have received treatments.
How does EMDR reprocess and release frozen materials such as emotions and memories, and bring healing effects?
EMDR is based on the AIP model and sends direct stimulations from the neuropaths to the brain. Since stimulations activate the functions of the brain to process the information and promote it, it reprocesses and releases stuck information such as painful emotions and memories at childhood time, suppressed memories, abused emotions and memories in the physical body and more, EMDR is used as a clinically proven method to heal the mind and the body by various medical and therapy professionals. Many successful case studies have been issued in the psychology journals and academic magazines.
It stimulates a safe, effective and rapid processing of ‘time frozen’ disturbing material/memories/emotions allowing you to achieve rapid resolution of your problems.
Kei has also experienced EMDR sessions. As you can see testimonials from clients at the bottom of this page, EMDR reprocesses information, memories and emotions, releases physical or emotional symptoms quickly, and brings healing effects physically and emotionally. It is truly an eye-opener therapy. Simply but effectively it changes mental, emotional and physical states.
What issues does EMDR work for?
EMDR is a powerful technique used to treat a variety of presenting conditions that include phobias, PTSD, abused memories, traumas, depression, OCD, physical and emotional symptoms. Additionally, it can also treat day-to-day matters, such as stress, fear, anxiety-related issues, lost love, tensions, insomnia, anger management, bullies, feeling of unworthiness, shame, guilt, weight loss, etc.
How does EMDR differ from other conventional and traditional therapies?
EMDR is a powerful and relatively new form of psychotherapy that can process frozen memories, painful experiences and emotions, irrational beliefs and more, and bring more balanced views and state of mind.
Where years ago it was accepted that psychotherapy often took a long time such as 10, 20, 30 times to bring changes in clients’ states, depending on the nature of the problem (and even then outcomes were less than wonderful), therapists and clients are finding that problems that were resistant to years of psychotherapy are being resolved in a very short amount of time with EMDR. Sometimes, within a few sessions. Though EMDR’s effectiveness has been clinically proven in the psychotherapy field over years, research has been still continuously conducted.
During a session, you will explore your emotional, mental physical states and your therapist will analyse it in a cognitive way in order to support you to reprocess frozen information and memories. Unlike a psychotherapy and counselling session, our EMDR session focuses you to process the information and aims to make a quick change, not deeply analysing your psychology and leaving you there without any changes. (Please note that we are not here to guarantee any results and there are individual differences)
EMDR is also different from other energy sessions. It does not call in any spirits, angels and ascended masters. It purely works on your mind, body and emotions using the eye movement and other techniques. Whilst EMDR is clinically proven and there are many successful cases reported, we feel there may be a limit to work on the energy aspect as an integrated therapy, which is why we combine EMDR with crystal healing, Reiki, Hypnosis, NLP etc. if needed to maximize its effects for you to bring changes in your life.
EMDR can also restructure your emotional and mental patterns to become who you want to become, not only reprocessing frozen materials.
EMDR is such an amazing intervention to bring changes quickly and effectively, not only releasing unwanted memories and emotions, but also restructuring your emotional and mental patterns to become who you want to be.
While observing clients during sessions, Kei often feels changes in her hands and clients’ energy changes. Along with those changes, clients become calmer and more accepting of what happened in the past, more in a positive way. It becomes easier for clients to accept and let go of the past memories and emotions naturally and gradually. It is a non-forced and involves natural positive transitions. Clients often become aware of what they could have done better, or understand others and the self, better, and raise their awareness in order to move on from the past. Not only does EMDR desensitize painful memories but people spontaneously began to view themselves and the event in a healthier and more positive way. At the end of the session, clients often report they feel much calmer and relaxed.
Wonderful Benefits of EMDR are;
– No operations are required.
– No medications, anti-depressants, etc.
– Quick transformation to move from the past at your own pace.
– No forced, unpleasant, stressful, or analytical processes
– If you don’t want to share something, it can be context-free and you can keep your privacy though you can still reprocess frozen materials.
– During a session, if you want to stop EMDR reprocessing, you can stop anytime you want and you are fully conscious. Your eyes are open, you hear things, and you are fully aware of what is going on.
Please note before you book our Transformational EMDR session.
– The session is processed based on what you truly feel and think, so honesty matters. If you tell us something else, EMDR does not effectively work on your core issues. Your privacy will be protected and please share your feelings as honestly as possible. You have a safe environment to express your true feelings and thoughts.
– We want you to be aware that this session is psychotherapeutic and requires your collaboration to express yourself and make a change in your life. The therapist will help you as a catalyst but you need to do your part as well.
– If you had severe traumas, DV, PTSD, bullying, abusive experiences, psychological disorder, you may feel emotionally insecure during a session and burst into tears. There may be unexpected frozen memories within you and you may get them processed. In order to structure your sessions smoothly, please fill in the ‘Contra-Indication Questionnaire’ form in advance and send it back to the therapist.
– In case you need to stop the EMDR session and stabilize your emotional state, we conduct the emotional stabilization hypno/NLP session at the first session in prior EMDR.
How we conduct our Transformational EMDR Sessions.
– We are the Mind Body Spirit Specialist, not a psychotherapist nor a psychiatrists. Our approach is the integrated approach and we work on all of your mind, body and spirit aspects and integrate the energy sessions with the EMDR if needed in order to maximize the effects of the therapy and make even a quicker change in your life.
– We combine EMDR with NLP, Reiki, Crystal Healing, Hypnosis to work on your subconscious mind and Indian Head Massage (head, neck, shoulders and upper back massage) to release stored tensions and stress, etc. In this way, we believe we can also work on your energy aspect, which is beyond our human brain and beyond our human psycho-analysis.
– Therefore, please make sure and notify us if you don’t believe in angels and ascended masters, and if you don’t want to use a specific holistic modality at each single session.
– EMDR currently is not for people who have severe mental disorders and Epilepsy unfortunately. In this case, we recommend you Reiki instead.
– EMDR is not suitable for those with a detached retina. In this case, we will use an alternative EMDR method.
How does it work and what is it for?
It is an interactive session and is conducted as you sit on a chair. You are fully conscious, interact with the therapist and are encouraged to express what you see, hear, feel and think. EMDR can be used to treat a variety of presenting conditions. Here are some of the routinely treated clinical problems with which EMDR has been employed.
- Day to day issue such as anger, sadness, anxiety, feeling down, loneliness, etc.
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression, feeling down and negative
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Substance use, addictions and impulse control disorders
- Anger management
- Chronic Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship issues such as lost love, divorce
And it can also process something positive such as
- Gain peace of mind and calmness
- Building confidence and strength
- Enhance the self-image and self-esteem
- Enhance grounding, loving, compassionate state of mind
- Become more mindful, accepting and loving.
- Let go the past
Below is a standard flow.
– Please note that this is a standard flow. Depends on your needs, it would be customised.
Type A) 85 min – Mainly Consultation and Cognitive Behavior Hypnosis (CBH) (EMDR is about 5-15 min if time and conditions allow.)
– When you book a session, the questionnaire form for EMDR is required to be submitted prior a session as all the contra-indications will be checked before we start a session.
– You will be consulted with your issues and situations, and will have a cognitive and value analysis placed at the 1st session.
– Check the contra-indication and decide if we can integrate the EMDR or not.
– Before ending a session, based on the analysis, you will have a cognitive behaviour hypnosis to strengthen your ego and self-esteem towards generating a positive influence in your life.
– If you are fairly emotionally stable, and if you wish, we can also conduct a brief 5-15 min EMDR either to release blockages or stabilise your sense of self and positive ego
– Brief feedback time before finishing.
Type B) 110 min – Mainly Consultation, Cognitive Behaviour Hypnosis (CBH) and EMDR session
– If you are fairly emotionally stable, we can also conduct a longer EMDR session either to release blockages or stabilise your sense of self and positive ego.
2nd session onward
– Mainly EMDR, 85 min session
Optional- combination of other modalities to remove negative affect from your mind, emotion and body
– Review from the previous session and analyse what to work on.
– We will be mainly working on your beliefs, emotions and behaviours deeper this time and cross examine them with EMDR.
– Depending on your situations and needs, we may combine the approaches listed below, during a session to maximize the effects. If you like / don’t like any specific modalities, please let us know in advance.
1) Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP is another effective tool to remove unwanted energies and enhance your positive aspect and desires to generate positive results. EMDR and NLP can be used together as NLP’s sub modalities and meta model work well in EMDR and process your memories.
2) Ego State Therapy
After you receive an EMDR session at least couple of times, you can receive the Ego State Therapy, if you have very strong opposing emotions and thoughts. This helps to integrate your wishes, reduce inner conflicts and generate a desired outcome. Additionally, you will have a deeper understanding about what you are feeling and thinking.
3) Learn Self-hypnosis technique
As we stated at the beginning, we require your collaboration to generate a positive outcome. It is important for you to be aware of what thoughts and emotional patterns you have outside of the session in order to enhance a transformational process for you to create a new habit. Therefore by learning a self-hypnosis, you would be able to maintain momentum and create more opportunities to enhance your emotional, mental and behavioural patterns in a positive way.
4) Usui Reiki
– This is a well-known healing modality to bring peace in mind and body.
5) Emotional Healing & Crystal Healing
– we may combine with crystal healing during an EMDR session to work on your energetic aspect and enhance the effects.
– After the sessions above, the session will be finished with a cognitive behaviour hypnosis to enhance your new habits and patterns.
We won’t define from the beginning how many sessions you would need to have, though we can give you an estimated idea. It is desirable to have one last session to stabilize your conditions even after you feel obtained a positive change in the end.
We have our own way to measure the changes so, you can have sessions until your symptoms and states are improved.
– Review, Stabilization session, EMDR and Cognitive Behavior Hypnosis (CBH)
– Review your states and conduct a fine-tuning on any residual negative affects before we finish off the session.
– At this stage, we will use CBH and EMDR to enhance the positive effect and stabilize your state.
Currently this is the winter season’s offer
– First session without EMDR: 85 minutes at £130
– First session with EMDR: 110 minutes at £160
– Following sessions with EMDR: 85 minutes at £140
– you can have a package discount,
2 sessions: 110 min and 85 min sessions.（£300） ―＞ £270
3 sessions: 110 min and 2 x 85 min sessions.（£440） ―＞ £410
How to book and make a payment
– Please send us an email to book your session with 3-4 preferred times.
– Once the session is booked for you, please pay the fee by bank transfer within 48h to keep your booking.
– Paypal payment is accepted with additional Paypal charge.
Terms and Conditions
– We are not here to guarantee a result you want to have though we will support you and maximize the session effects.
– If you have any severe psychological issues, personality disorder and physical illnesses, please continue to see your GP.
– There is an individual difference on how you feel and what you sense during and after a session.
– We recommend you minimum three sessions; 1) Stabilisation, 2) EMDR Treatment, and 3) Maintenance & EMDR Treatment session. We may be able to tell you about how many sessions you may need but it can be more or it can be less.
– Cancelation and rescheduling Policy:
– Within 48 hours of your appointment date there is a 50% cancellation charge, within 24 hours there is a 100% cancellation charge. Please email and notify us as soon as possible when you need to make a change.
– Please arrive on time, 3-5 min before. If you are late, you will waste your session time as the session will be conducted as scheduled.
– We recommend you to travel with plenty of time as you know how dysfunctional the public transportation can be in London.
Client Feedback and Testimonials.
(20min light EMDR exercise) “The exercise was fun. Even after the session was finished, I could continuously feel the peace of mind, which is great!”
(Japanese female, 40s, London, Dec 2017)
(1st EMDR session) “I didn’t realize the tension in my jaw and head was coming from my residual memories of my dad’s behavior. I experienced jaw clenching in the night but didn’t know why. At the end of the session, I feel grounded, strong and confident. The past is not with me now and never will be with me. I also resolved the stabbing feeling in the top of my head. I didn’t realize that was linked to my memories of my dad. Very interesting and very good end result.“
(Canadian female, 50s, Medical professional, 2017 Oct, London)
(2nd EMDR session) “ The tension drained away from me, especially noticeable in my tense jaw. The pain from hurt feelings welled up and then dissipated quickly. The positive ending to the session made me feel happy and light“
(Canadian female, 50s, Medical professional, 2017 Nov, London)
(1 EMDR session) “I’m surprised its effect started kicking in only in 10 min and I was crying. It was healing and it is still processing my painful memories.”
(English female, 40s, Psychotherapist, 2017 Sep, London)